Margo Reuten gained experience in the kitchens of starred restaurants as Juliana in Valkenburg, De Swaen in Oisterwijk, Toine Hermsen in Maastricht and Der Bloasbalg in Wahlwiller. With her life companion Petro Kools she opened in 1993 restaurant Da Vinci in Maasbracht.
In 1990, at the age of 24, Margo was the first woman in the Netherlands to become SVH Meesterkok – ‘master’ chef. In 1999 Da Vinci was rewarded with a Michelin star and since then Margo is the only female chef with a Michelin star in the Netherlands.
- Lady Chef of the Year 1996
- Honorary Citizen of Maasgouw 2009
- Limburg Award 2009
- Gault & Millau Chef of the Year 2012
- Grand Chef Relais & Châteaux 2013
- Woman of the Year Relais & Châteaux 2017